Are you having a hard time finding the top paying jackpot slots available in New Zealand to play for real money?
Your worries have come to an end, because on this page our expert casino games team did a research to find and a create list of only the best jackpot slot games that are safe and available to New Zealand players.
New Zealand players have a chance to win huge prizes on progressive jackpots at top New Zealand Casinos! In this guide, we have explained what are progressive jackpots, how and where to play them, and many more interesting facts and useful information.
So get ready to learn about the best casinos with jackpots, best jackpot pokies and so on in NZ.
Best progressive Jackpot slots
The very latest jackpot slots reviewed
Daily jackpot games: Jackpot slot games that are guaranteed to pay out a big profit every day
Wowpot jackpot pokies
Microgaming`s own progressive jackpot pokies called WowPot with 4 levels of jackpots. More info here!
Dream Drop jackpots
Best casinos with progressive jackpot slots
These casinos have by far the largest selection when it comes to progressive jackpots.
Leovegas10NZD 3000+ 600 Free Spins on Push Gaming Slots2380+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Unique jackpots
Hell Spin9.6NZD 1200+ 150 free spins7500+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Hall of flame
Bizzo casino9.4NZD 1000+ 250 free spins4000+ gamesPayout: 1-3 daysBest feature: Bitcoin accepted
Royal Panda9.9NZD 1000+ 150 free spins3000+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Daily freespins!
PlayOjo9.650 free spinsNO WAGER (Exclusive)3000+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Moneyback on every bet
FireVegas9.4NZD 2000+ 150 free spins3000 gamesPayout: 1-2 daysBest feature: Daily tournaments
Christchurch casino9.4NZD 1000+ 500 loyalty points2000+ gamesPayout: 1-3 daysBest feature: Automatic loyalty
Skycity casino9.3200 SkyCoins+ 50 no deposit free spins (EXCLUSIVE)2250+ gamesPayout: 2-3 daysBest feature: SkyShop online
Lucky Start9.7NZD 1600+ 300 free spins1200+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Newest casino 2023
Casumo9.5NZD 1200+5 no deposit spins4200+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Support 24/7
Latest jackpot news
The advantages of a progressive jackpots
- The prize is impressive
- With one bet you can become a millionaire
- Most times the prizes are in millions
- A win will change your life forever
- The pay lines are not high
How does progressive jackpot slots work?
You might be wondering why it is called a progressive jackpot. Progressive jackpot slots are like a piggy bank where every game linked to the jackpot contributes a certain sum to the prize pool.
The interesting thing about a progressive jackpot is that it keeps growing until a player gets the right combination. So the more players play casino games that contribute to the progressive jackpot, the higher the prize.
The prize pool grows faster than other types of jackpots. It is also attractive because the price is not static.
Types of progressive jackpots?
Getting acquainted with various types of progressive jackpots will help you know which casinos to play.
- The Stand-Alone progressive jackpot slots – is not linked to any other game. The jackpot is fixed and is generated from the pokies machine alone.
- In house progressive jackpot slots- is comprised of various pokies within a single casino. The prize attached to this jackpot is not as huge as the first one.
- Wide area progressive slots – is quite popular compared to others. The reason for the popularity of this jackpot is not farfetched. It is linked to various pokies, thereby making the prize pool huge. The risk attached to this type of progressive jackpot is minimal because it is linked to various pokies. The amount you contribute is small compared to other progressive jackpots.
Top progressive jackpot slots
If you are lucky to win progressive jackpot slots, your life will change forever. Maybe the reason you have not won is that you don’t know the biggest paying progressive jackpots.
Below are the top 5 progressive jackpot pokies with a huge prize pool. We are talking about jackpots that payout 6 digits and above!
- Mega Moolah progressive jackpot – Apart from the impressive graphics and interesting gameplay, other reasons players like this Microgaming pokies is the amazing payouts. It pays out up to USD 9.22 million. According to experts, this is the largest payout so far.
- Mega Fortune progressive jackpot – Mega Fortune has made so many players millionaires. This progressive jackpot is from NeEnt Gaming and it also pays out huge prizes. A player can also get up to USD 9 million and above from this progressive jackpot.
- Arabian nights progressive jackpot – This is another incredible jackpot from NetEnt. The payout is also impressive like the previous jackpots mentioned here. The Arabian night is also an amazing game to play.
- Mystical Santa progressive jackpot – This jackpot offers 10,000 times the size of its pay line. The RTP of this game is 96.11%. The possibility of winning here is quite high too.
- Golden Money Frog progressive jackpot– You will enjoy the moment spent on this progressive jackpot. The gameplay will trill you and entice you to play more. The prize money is also impressive.
- WowPot progressive jackpot slots – New trendy WowPot progressive jackpot titles by Microgaming offer huge prize pools with starting seed of $ 2 million. Try your luck at Microgamings WowPot games like Book of Atem, Sisters of Oz WowPot, African Legends, and Wheel of Wishes.
Top 5 biggest win at the jackpot slots
It will shock you how much players have won from progressive jackpot slots. The top winners have won prizes that are worth millions of US dollars.
1. Mega Fortune – €17,861,800
A player from Finland won a whopping €17,861,800 on the 20th day of January 2013 while playing this jackpot. He only placed a bet of 25 cents to win this huge prize.
2. Mega Moolah – £13,200,000
Jonathan Heywood won the sum of £13.2 million on the 6th day of October 2015. Jonathan is a British soldier. He staked with 25p to win this life-changing prize.
3. Mega Fortune – €11,736,375
The third biggest win on our list was won by a winner from Norway. This was on the 24th day of September 2011. At that time, it made its way to the Guinness World Record as the biggest payout.
4. Mega Moolah – $9,200.000
This player won the sum of $9.2 million. The player preferred to remain anonymous after winning the prize. This player placed a bet of $7.2 to win this amazing price.
5. Jackpot Joy – £1,900,000
Matthew won the sum of £1.9 million in 2004. As at then it was like an impossibility for a player to win such an amount. However, since then more players have also won jackpots.
The biggest jackpot won at slots in New Zealand
- Rawiri Pou from Auckland won NZ$11,192,697 when he tried his luck at Mega Moolah jackpot slots. That happened back in 2016 while he was employed at KFC restaurant.
- In 2017 anonymous player from New Zealand hit the jackpot at Microgaming jackpot slot Mega Moolah and won $943,971. Player has played via his mobile device and after a few spins, he hit the jackpot that changed his life.
5 ways to boost your chances of a win at jackpot slot
If you have been thinking of how to achieve this feat, here is the secret. However, it also takes patience and other qualities to win these jackpots.
Below are tested and approved ways of winning jackpots;
1. Lookout for overdue jackpots
This is the top-secret of winning a progressive jackpot. Progressive jackpots accumulate for over a long period and the prizes also increase equally. Often, when the prize money becomes huge, the casino becomes ready to find a winner.
2. Search for the time when the top jackpots where won previously
If you conduct proper research on top progressive jackpots, you will discover that most online progressive jackpots were won within a specific time. Place your bets within this timeframe to try your luck.
3. Look for casinos that have a no cash-out limits
A no cash-out limit casino means that you will get all your prize money and not in instalments. Some online casino offers players who win their jackpot fixed monthly payments instead of paying out the entire prize at once to the player.
4. Cash in on bonuses
This will help you keep your casino account balance growing. If you don’t take advantage of these bonuses, you will end up spending more money.
Jackpot slots VS slots
Are you aware that slots also have jackpots too? This may sound confusing. Let’s break it down! A slot game is not the same as a jackpot slot.
The difference is that the slot games are regular games played to win prizes but they are not as big as those offered by jackpot slots.
Meanwhile, a jackpot slot is prize is huge and every player aims to win that prize. These are the major differences.
History of progressive jackpot slots
You might not believe it but the history of progressive jackpots can be traced back to the 1800s. This was introduced when the first pokies machine was developed in 1891 by Brooklyn firm called Sittman and Pitt.
This slot machine was in most bars and eateries. The machine was not paying out winning but the bar owner had to pay the player after winning a prize.
The first machine that automatically paid players their prizes was designed by Charles Fey. He is regarded as the inventor of the first pokies machine. This pokies machine was a 3-reel machine.
Then in the 1990’s the casinos took over and started enticing players with amazing prizes. Gradually, more players became interested in playing slot machines.
How often do slots hit the jackpot?
On the average, it is expected that after about 10,000 spins, the slot machine will hit a jackpot. In other words, for a 100,000 spin, an average of 10 jackpots is expected.
Which progressive jackpot offers the best odds?
The best way to find a progressive jackpot with the best odds is to check their denomination. If their slots are played with a high denomination, then there is higher chance that they will offer good odds.
What’s the difference between a Progressive and a Non-Progressive jackpot?
Simply put, a non-progressive jackpot has a fixed amount jackpot that never changes and a progressive jackpot will continue to increase as more players join the game or games, if shared across several casinos.