Good news for all fans of land-based casinos in New Zealand. Most NZ casinos are currently open and operate during normal hours but under Covid “Delta” Alert Level 2 measures.
Sky City Auckland casino will remain closed due to Alert Level 3.
Christchurch Casino, Grand Casino (Dunedin), Sky City casino in Hamilton, and both Queenstown casinos, are pleased to announce that they have re-opened their doors for all customers.
With new Health and Safety measures, mentioned casinos introduced a new mandatory requirement to minimize the risk of spreading the virus under Alert Level 2 status.
This means that during the visit you will have to follow certain measures and rules, otherwise, you will not be released to the casino.
See more below our article.
Conditions for entry
While this sounds a bit complicated to you, don’t be frustrated because the owners of these casinos have not introduced these rules, but are required by law.
As for the rules, they are the similiar for all casinos. Below we listed most important ones so customers know what to expect during the visit.
Take a look at a few more important details regarding entry rules.
- Sky City Hamilton casino: maximum limit per lift (elevator) is 4 patrons, Casino is open 24 hours daily, restaurants, bowl, and socials are remain open, only three players per table sitting 1 meter apart, limited number of customers by gaming floor, 50 patrons per floor
- Christchurch casino: TAB Terminal on the Monza floor is closed, Internal carpark is not accessible, No smoking in casino spaces, 100 customers limit into defined spaces
- Sky City Auckland: Closed due to Covid Alert Level 4
- Grand casino (Dunedin): Face mask are required, sing in upon entry required, social distancing measures, casino is open with normal hours.
- Sky City Queenstown: Every second machine is turned off, three players per table must stand 1 meter apart, 2 patrons per lift, casino limited capacity is 50 pax, casino is open daily from 11am to12am.
- Sky City Wharf: Closed until further notice.
All landbased casinos in NZ
|Skycity Auckland casino||24/7||0800 759 2489|
|Skycity Hamilton casino||24/7||+64 7 834 4900|
|Skycity Wharf casino||Every day from 4PM||03 441 1495|
|Skycity Queenstown casino||Every day 12noon – 4am||03 441 0400|
|Dundedin casino (Grand casino)||Every day 11AM – 3AM||0800 4770 4545|
|Christchurch casino||From Monday till Thursday: 11AM – 3AM|
Friday: 11AM, open all night
Saturday: 24 hours
Sunday: 24 hours, closes 3AM Monday
|03 365 9999|