Our online betting site helps you to better understand sports betting, see the most popular events and find the absolute best betting sites and bonuses for New Zealand.
This page will help you to:
- Find the best betting sites online
- Find the best free sports streaming services online
- Learn all about how to bet online
- To see current most interesting sporting events
Note: We do not list the casino sports bonuses here, we only list best casinos with sports betting. What you see are casino bonuses. Visit the casino to see what sports customers can enjoy.
Let’s start by looking at the absolute best online betting sites in New Zealand!
Best sports betting bonuses
Top 3 absolute best sports betting bonuses online.
|1||LeoVegas||100% up to NZ$ 100 (not valid with skrill or neteller)|
|2||22 Bet||100% up to NZ$ 250|
|3||Wazamba||100% up to NZ$ 400 + 2 deposit bonuses|
Best online betting sites 2023
Leovegas9.7NZ$ 2000+150 Free Spins on Gold Blitz2380+ gamesMassive win potentialSpectacular selection of games18+ | Wager req: 35x | Free spins are wager free (cashspins) | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
22 bet9.6500 NZD+ 250 NZD for sport5000+ gamesPoker, Sport, Casino & BingoAccepts Cryptocurrencies18+ | Wager requirements: 50x | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
Vave9.4100% cashbackup to 1 BTC3200+ gamesCrypto casinoSports & pokies18+ | Wager req: 40x | Gamblingtherapy.org Terms and Conditions Apply
Casumo9.3NZ$ 1200+20 no deposit spins2000+ gamesCustomer support: 24/7Fast payout processing time18+ | Wager req: 30x | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
Boom casino9.4NZ$ 500+ 250 freespins (New)2000+ gamesSports & casinoUnique NZ welcome bonus18+ | Wager req: 40x | Play responsibly | Gamblingtherapy.org Terms and Conditions Apply
Ivibet9.1NZ$ 500+ 170 freespins5000+ gamesShowing highest paying gamesLots of slots games18+ | Wager req: 40x | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
Lucky Heroes9.3NZ$ 500+ 200 free spins8625+ gamesHuge selection of gamesSmall deposits are allowed18+ | Welcome cashback bonus wager: 1x | Wager req: 40x | Freespins wager: 35x | Sport bonus wager req: 5x and tot odds 1.8 or higher | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
Royal Panda9.3NZ$ 1000+ 150 freespins on Sakura Fortune3000+ gamesTop up-bonus on every depositExclusive bonus18+ | Wager req: 35x | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
PalmSlots8.6150 NZD+ 40 freespins (EXCLUSIVE)3000+ gamesCasino & sportsTv games offered18+ | Wager req: 40x | Play responsibly | Gamblingtherapy.org | Terms and Conditions Apply
20bet9.2NZ$ 200+ 120 freespins5000+ gamesCasino & sport VIP programSportsbetting & casino18+ | Wager req: 40x | Sport bonus wager req: 5x and tot odds 1.8 or higher | Gamblingtherapy.org | Play responsibly | Terms and Conditions Apply
About: Listing the best casinos with sportsbook! Bonuses are for casino costumers!
Sports betting sites general info:
⚖️Sports betting sites compared 20+ 🥝Top online betting sites 10 🥇Best sports betting site LeoVegas 🎙️Best live betting site 22 bet 📺Best free live streaming site LeoVegas 📱Best sports betting app Casumo 🏅Best new sports betting site Bzeebet
Safe sports betting sites
In addition to our list of recommended sports betting sites, we pay attention to all brand’s reputations.
It means that when we find out that any company from our list treated players incorrectly or unfairly, we automatically remove and blacklist it.
Protection of our visitors is the main task for newzealandcasinos.nz!
Important info Question? More info Secure betting sites with trustworthy license Which licenses are secure? Sports betting licenses
Latest sports news
Betting sites with free sports streaming
Sports betting platforms with live streaming give you the opportunity to watch sports events live and bet with the latest odds instantly during the game.
Live streaming events at sports betting websites give bettors entry to over 90 live world’s sports events at your fingertips.
Stream live sports online for free while betting!
We have collected over 50 sites, including gaming companies, where you can stream your favourite matches online for free here!
It is important to know that not all online sports betting sites offer to watch live and bet-in-play services, so you should double-check that before you sign up with a new account.
Having this in mind, we have come up with the list of the top 5 live streaming bookmakers in NZ.
Top 5 sports betting sites with live streaming
Rank Compare streaming services Info 1. William Hill Free 2. Leo Vegas Free 3. Royal Panda Free 4. Mr.Play Free 5. PalmSlots Free
Sports betting in New Zealand
If you are a beginner in sports betting, you probably have questions about this topic.
- Is sports betting legal in New Zealand?
- What are the best sports betting websites?
- Which sports bookmakers are of the highest quality and reputation?
- What are sports bonuses, and how to best use them?
These are just some of the questions that new bettors want to know, but there are certainly many more questions.
Here on this page, we have found all the answers for you. Here you can find out which is the best sports betting site in New Zealand and where you can find the best sports bonuses and promotions.
Betting in New Zealand is regulated by the Gambling Act 2003, which means that governments have a monopoly over all betting and gambling activities located in New Zealand.
The main requirement is that you are at least 18 years old to bet online when it comes to online betting legally.
When it comes to betting on internationial bookmakers, the NZ state has no regulations or restrictions.
Only marketing services for these sites are prohibited on all registered companies in NZ.
But playing on these sites for New Zealand residents is completely legal.
Local sports betting NZ sites
New Zealand is a small country with only four million inhabitants. State monopoly is focused only on bookmakers, while players can legally bet online on local and international gambling sites.
Sports hold a huge part of local culture, with rugby as the most dominant sport. According to the NZ Herald survey, in 2020 around 40% of Kiwis participate in some gambling activity at least once per week.
As for local sport betting services, NZ has only one licensed local sports betting site, TAB NZ (tab.co.nz).
Cons and pros of local bookmakers
All betting and horse racing in NZ is monopolized by TAB NZ (formerly New Zealand Racing Board). We have listed a few main advantages that this website has over the offshore betting sites.
- TAB New Zealand is the only betting shop that holds a local license by the New Zealand Gambling Commission. Internet versions of this site allow you to open an account in NZD. This is a tremendous advantage because players can avoid losing a small amount due to currency conversion fees and exchange rates.
- The second advantage is that it offers complete coverage of local sports events, competitions and tournaments. Here you can find exhaustive coverage of horse races and sports events in Australia and New Zealand. Overseas betting websites covers most of these events too, but TABNZ sometimes does it extensively.
- Betting on locally licensed operators create a feeling of security for most players. Players feel more secure playing on bookmakers that are regulated by domestic regulatory bodies. This is the case with New Zealand players; most new bettors will always choose domestic TAB NZ before any offshore brands.
International sports betting bookmakers
Overseas sport betting sites in New Zealand offers a lot of benefits for local players.
The first advantage is that NZ bettors can find more betting options than on local betting sites.
1. Special bet types
Apart from local sports and leagues, overseas bookies have way more tournaments and sports weekly, resulting in a broader betting option field.
Moreover, players can find more special bet types such as which player scores a goal, Who will win the tip-off, which player will be Top Scorer and many more.
2. Higher odds
The most significant advantage when choosing to bet on international sports betting websites i the offer of higher odds.
The fact that TAB NZ holds a monopoly in New Zealand means no direct competition encourages them to make odds higher.
All international NZ bookmakers recommended on our site must be licensed by one of the most reputable authorities from Europe or the rest of the world. These are MGA, UKGC, or Curacao Gaming Authority.
Playing on bookers that do not own any of these licenses cannot guarantee you a safe gaming experience.
Also, regulated online betting sites must have provided good customer support abided by protocols and quality standards.
How to bet and win online in NZ?
After you have decided which betting site to pick, you will be required to create an account; this is a fast and easy process for NZ bettors.
All recommended sport betting sites on our list are English and accept players from New Zealand.
During the registration process, you will be required to add personal details. Depending on which site you have picked, the required information may differ, but here are the most common examples.
- Full name
- Phone number
After activating your account, to place bets, you will need to make your first deposit.
Making deposits at NZ sports betting sites is a straightforward process.
Most accepted payment methods work great for New Zealand.
The most common options are:
- Credit/debit cards (Visa, Master)
- E-wallets (Skrill, Neosurf, Paysafecard)
- Bank transfers
- Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin)
After you finish the deposit process, you can go ahead and create your first bet.
Most betting websites require to players make payout with the same methods used for the deposit. In most cases, you will be able to certify your identity by uploading your ID documents.
This is because of preventing any fraudulent behaviour or money laundering activity.
Sports betting odds?
Before you start placing bets on NZ sports online betting sites, it would be good to learn betting basics; firstly, you need to know how odds work.
There are three types of odds at sports betting; in NZ, players will encounter mainly decimal odds, but you can see fractions and Moneyline style prices in some cases.
Whichever you prefer, you must understand all three types.
- Decimal odds: Also known as Europan odds or Continental odds which come in the form of numbers. Decimal odds gives you the total return of your bet with the stake included. Lets’ take, for example, if you have placed a NZ$10 bet at 2.00 odds. You will receive NZ$ 200 back with your initial NZ$10 stake included. Profit is NZ$190.
- Fractions: These odds are always fractional, with the number of the left side showing how many times your initial stake will be multiplied by. Your stake is always placed on the right side. Let’s take, for example, if a player places a NZ$10 bet on a 5/1 odds. Players can eventually win NZ$ 50 with the initial stake included. So the pure profit without an initial stake would be NZ$40. You can encounter these odds mostly on UK websites, but it is pretty popular in the Canadian sports betting market.
- Moneyline odds: Also known as American odds can be either negative or positive numbers; in most cases, they have attached a currency symbol. These odds allow you to bet on teams by seeing which group is a favourite. The underdog team will have a plus (+) sign, while the favourite team will have a minus sign (-). The most expressed sports within these odds are American Football and the other United States sports.
How to calculate sports betting payout?
To know precisely which odds are best, you need to know how to calculate the odds. To do this, you will need to multiply the odds and stakes.
Single decimal odds
For example, if you place a NZ$100 bet at odds of 1.90, the potential winner will be NZ$190, which means we have gained an additional NZ$90 on top of our initial stake of NZ$100.
If you have placed a few bets on your betting slip, all you need to do is multiply all the odds, then given result multiply with your stake; the final sum is equal to your proposed eventual profit.
Double decimal odds
f you want to calculate the eventual winning amount for a double decimal odds or wager you need to work out the result from your first wager, and then the given result multiplies with the number of your second bet (odds).
Shortly, if you place a bet of NZ$ 10 with a 3 and 2; the total eventual winning would be NZ$60.
Betting types and markets
You will easily cope with various markets and sports bets that you can find in New Zealand. The fact is that the NZ market and offer are very similar to those in Australia, considering their proximity.
Before you decide to bet for real money, we have made a brief overview of the most popular bets and betting markets you can come across.
- Single bet: If you are a beginner in sports betting single, this is the simplest bet type to learn. In short, a single chance is when you bet only on one sports event. Your selection needs to be correct to win a bet, which means the team you have placed a bet on or a horse would need to win a mache or a race.
- Acumulator bet: It is the most used bet type, and it’s a mix of three or more selections into one. To payout this bet, all your selections must be successful. This bet is the most significant difference of Acumulator chance have over other bet types.
- System bet: Keeping in mind that accumulator bets are of high risk, bookmakers come to a solution to give players an easier way for winning money with a system bet way of betting. When using the system bet, players can choose from three to the maximum selection allowed by the bookmaker, but what’s best, all your choice doesn’t have to be successful to win. Here you have better chances, and the risk is lower, of course, but this kind of betting allows you to bet in a friendly way ona against riskier sports events.
- Match result: Betting on a match result is one of the best-known betting types and easiest to predict. Shortly, the match result is a type of bet where you predict a result of a particular match, game, race or another competitive event. Bets example is when a player bets on which team will be the winner at the end of the game.
- Total: Here, you can bet that the total number of points scored by one/both teams will be higher or lower betting site prediction. Often called over/under betting, players can use this option in many sports, including rugby, tennis, and football. So here, it doesn’t matter who will win or lose; the main focus of this bet are the total runs, goals, or points scored.
- Special bets: Match special are types of markets where sportsbook offers a one-of-a-kind bet to entice their customers. These bets are, in most cases, unique and can be hard to find on other websites. The best example of this bet is when a bookmaker ties a customer with a particular type of bet where you can bet with a fix odd for a team to win the game with one specific player being the top scorer.
- Outright betting: These types of bets are not that common but still customers have the option to choose them. With these bets you can bet on the outcome of the competition or season. They are offered before the start of a competition or season with high yields compared to other types of betting. In addition to the option to bet on the winning team, you have the option to predict the number of seasonal points, the final position or to bet on the player you think will score the highest number of goals or points.
Live sport betting or in-play; One of the latest technologies achieved in the world of sport betting is the chance to bet live.
Live or in-game betting gives you the opportunity to bet in real-time with the odds that change according to the current situation on the field, ring, track or field.
There is a vast amount of options to bet live. It is all up to your taste and interest. Maybe you like to follow rugby, and you want to bet on a match between All Blacks and Australia.
The live betting option allows you to bet that Aaron Smith will be the player who will score the try or be the player with the highest number of points in the first halftime.
If you are still a cricket fan and want to follow the semi-finals of the Cricket World Cup between New Zealand and England, you can bet simultaneously.
When it comes to new football and competitions such as the Champions League, UEFA, European and World FIFA Cup, NZ followers can make the fun more exciting with live betting.
Free bets offers & sports promotions
What to expect?
Sports welcome bonuses for the first deposit or for registration, free bet offers, cashback promotions, and loyalty bonuses are the very common type of rewards offered by many sports online bookmakers.
In order to make better use of them and reap the benefits, it is good to know more about them. That is why in this part we have explained how each sports bonus works in detail.
- Welcome bonus: Sport betting welcome bonus is available only for new customers after registration at the particular sportsbook. In order to receive this bonus, you will be required to make your first deposit and place a bet.
- Free bets: These are so-called sign-up promotions. It includes free bet credit you receive after registration with no deposit required. They are also available in sportsbook promotions for existing customers.
- Cashback: This type of bonus is designed to give you back some of the money you deposited or some of the money you lost during the game. It comes in percentage. Instead of bonus cash in some cases or betting sites, it can be replaced with free bet tokens.
- VIP loyalty program: The bookmaker will reward its loyal customers who place bets regularly. Gifts can be offered weekly and daily in the form of free betting tokens and others.
Best sports betting tips
#1: Register and get a welcome bonus: Many sports bookmakers offer great welcome bonuses to attract customers to register.
It would be good to accept these offers because you can take free bets and bonus tokens that you can use before risking your money.
Bonuses come with T&C’s, so it would be a good idea to read them before taking them.
#2. Uncontrolled balance spending on bets: is not a strategy of successful bettors. Always gamble responsibly and sensible if you want to be successful in betting.
Stick to your budget and never wager more than you can afford to lose.
Betting should be a fun way to earn some extra cash while you cheer on your favourite team, horse or sportsperson.
#3. React quickly: If you are confident in the outcome of a sporting event it would be a great idea to back up your hunch as soon as the odds become available.
A lot of sports bettors have a habit of reducing the number of odds to the favourite team just before the start of the event.
You have a chance to beat bookmakers in their own game.
#4. Compare offers: If you want to get the most out of online sports betting don’t stick to just one betting platform.
See other options and compare interesting offers of welcome bonuses, promotions, and odds.
Having insight into the entire market gives you the opportunity for better deals that result in higher wins.
Most popular NZ sports to bet on
There’s a vast range of different sports available on these betting sites too, so the question is, which sports offer up the easiest money?
Well, there are a number of theories as to which sports are easiest to forecast the outcome.
After a lot of discussions, most experienced bettors claim the easiest sport to predict is tennis.
But, there’s an unwritten rule that suggests the easiest sport to bet on is the one that you know best.
🏇 Horse racing
In order to maximise your winning potential, you need to take a look at some betting tips, read up on the horse’s form, check to see who is the jockey, look at the track and so on.
This information can be gained via betting site reviews and will help improve your knowledge.
If you want to improve your horse betting skills, you need to find the best horse betting sites with the best odds.
And the best place to start would be our best horse racing betting sites page and guide.
New Zealand’s rugby team, the All Blacks, are one of the most successful teams in the world.
Kiwis enjoy watching rugby in the same way that the English enjoy watching football.
If you decide to bet on rugby, you should read our tips and tricks before you start in order to learn more about betting odds, shops and more.
If you want to find out which betting sites give you the best odds on rugby, then you should get started on our best rugby betting sites page to improve your betting skills and rugby knowledge.
After rugby, cricket is considered the second most followed sports in NZ.
This is why we have created this cricket betting guide for our New Zealanders.
In this cricket betting guide, you will be able to find the best cricket betting sites, cricket betting tips and also beginners guide on how to bet on cricket at online betting sites in NZ.
Our expert team has taken the time to come up with all the most important answers to your questions related to cricket betting.
40 per cent of all money wagered in sports betting goes to football.
There are hundreds of football games each day which means there are so many opportunities to pick successful bets.
Also, many international bookmakers offer matches from New Zealand Football League with great odds to catch.
Here we have prepared a football betting guide containing a list of the best online betting sites for Kiwis as well as a guide for both beginners and experienced football bettors.
🥇 E-sport betting
E-sports betting is the fastest growing form of betting online since 2018. In short, e-sports is multiplayer games played in teams and e-sports betting is when we bet on these teams.
We have put together an esports guide where you can learn more about the games that are played, how betting on esports differs and where we also list the absolute best esports betting sites.
Is it legal to bet online in New Zealand?
Absolutely. Although TAB NZ has a betting monopoly in New Zealand under the Gambling Act 2003, online betting on international bookmakers is not regulated by any law and is therefore legal.
NZ bettors will not have to pay any additional fees on paid wins nor will they have any problems with the law or the tax service.
How do sports betting odds work?
Sport odds indicate the probability of a certain sports event outcome.
When looking at betting odds players can calculate the eventual payout amount from a particular bet they pick.
Sport betting odds are displayed in different forms including the most common in NZ being decimal, fractional and Moneyline.
No matter what form of odds is offered, the eventual payout amount is always the same.
Can I receive online betting bonuses?
Yes of course. All NZ wagering destinations recommended on our site have reward programs with promotions, bonuses and special prizes created for new and existing customers.
What does the + and – mean in sports betting?
Plus and minus (positive and negative) in sports betting refers to Moneyline odds better known as American odds.
They often have a currency symbol inserted next to them.
The plus sign (+) next to the offered team, player or horse means that it is udnerfog (weaker), while the sign (-) next to the team, player or horse means that it is the favorite.
What does a handicap mean in sports betting?
Handicap is the advantage in goals, points or percentages that a bookmaker gives to one of the participants in a sporting event.
In a match between two teams, the handicap is awarded to the weaker team, and thus gains a certain advantage, on the other hand, the favorite of that duel is deprived of the advantage at the start.