What is the MGA? The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is the gaming commission or gaming control board for Malta. It was previously known as the Lotteries and Gaming Authority (LGA).
The MGA is responsible for regulating all betting and gambling in the territory within which it operates.
Established in 2001, the Malta Gaming Authority was given the mandate to ensure fairness and transparency to the participants. MGA also prevents crime, money laundering, and corruption and protects the vulnerable and minors.
There is a compilation of directives, regulations, and legislation that governs the gaming industry. Some of these regulations include chapters 400 and 438 of Malta’s laws. Another one is the lotteries and other games act 2001.
Best MGA casinos
PlayOjo9.650 free spinsNO WAGER (Exclusive)3000+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Moneyback on every bet
Rapid casino9.2NZ$ 1000+ 300 free spins2500+ gamesWeekly rewardsDaily freespins & cash prizes
Leovegas10NZD 2000+200 Free Spins on Wolf Gold2380+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Unique jackpots
Royal Panda9.9NZD 1000+ 150 free spins3000+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Daily freespins!
Dunder8.6NZ$ 50+ 50 free spins2760+ gamesPayout: 1-3 daysBest feature: Support 24/7
SpinYoo9.5NZD 2000+ 100 spins (High match bonus)2000+ gamesPayout: Max 24hBest feature: Bonus on min Dep
What countries are protected by an MGA license?
The Malta Gaming Authority offers its license in many countries. Players from at least one hundred and eighty countries are allowed to play casinos licensed by the MGA. Permission to play MGA-licensed casino in a country also depends on the country’s policies.
In a country like the UK, players can play on MGA-approved casinos.
There are some countries like Germany where the online betting rules and policies are harsh. The countries that are not protected by an MGA license are Iran, Syria, Iraq, Hong Kong, Turkey, Indonesia, Australia, and China.
There are also prohibited countries: Belgium, Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Portugal, Belgium, France, the Czech Republic, and Denmark. Angola, South Sudan, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Ethiopia are the African countries not protected by the MGA license.
What does the Malta Gaming Authority do?
According to part 5 of the Gaming Authorisation and Regulations, all gaming suppliers or those offering gaming services must be licensed by the MGA to operate in the delegated territory.
Any person who carries out a particular role in connection to a gaming supplier or gaming service must also obtain a certificate of approval from the Malta Gaming Authority.
The MGA offers two types of licenses for gaming companies. One is B2C (business to consumer) license and the other is a B2B (business to business) license.
The B2C license is for a licensee who supplies gaming services online and the other for those who operate a physical gaming premise. Being one of the first regulators to bring forth directives to regulate online gaming activities, the MGA has its well-defined tasks. These tasks include:
- The MGA promotes responsible gaming by creating a safe environment.
- They protect minors and all vulnerable people.
- Malta Gaming Authority protects player funds. All funds, including deposits and withdrawals, have to be secure and payable.
- One primary function of the MGA is checking on the integrity of the games and all gaming devices. This is achieved by audits and randomness tests that validate the results of all games that include chance.
- Another role is protecting the player’s rights. This is done by looking into the complaints brought forward about the licensees for the players.
- The authority ensures compliance by monitoring the gaming company’s activities.
- Malta Gaming Authority keeps gaming sites free from violations and criminal activity.
- Sometimes the MGA is responsible for advertisement and marketing. The advertisements include promotions and bonuses.
- Ensure the licensee is adhering to the legislation associated with privacy and data protection.
How does their license protect me?
There is no need to worry too much since all gaming services with an MGA license ensure peace of mind. There are legal and technical features of the gaming suppliers that need to be in check to provide players safety. The authority has set rules and regulations that every licensee must follow. The MGA makes sure you are protected by:
- Providing resources to guide the vulnerable.
- They ensure that the companies keep the players’ funds separate from the company’s money.
- They ensure transparency by enforcing regulations on safe and fast ways to deposit and withdraw funds.
- The authority makes sure they investigate all customer complaints.
- The MGA makes sure they audit the gaming suppliers, especially when it comes to fairness and transparency.
- The authority is responsible for ensuring the rules and regulations set for players’ data protection are upheld.
How do I find casinos with an MGA license?
The MGA has proven effective at protecting players when it comes to online gaming.
The best way to find about the casinos that are MGA-licensed is by going to their official website. After you access their official website, you visit the about page from the website.
A majority of casinos will also display the MGA logo on their website if the MGA regulates them.
These casinos have proof that they offer the highest level of security and enhanced protection for their players. You can also search for the casinos provided by searching their database.
It is vital to ensure that your funds and data are protected when choosing which new casino you want to explore. Whenever you see an MGA logo, you are sure you are secure and protected.
Where can I see Malta gaming companies?
There are many ways in which you can access information about Malta gaming companies.
Several websites offer an insight into some of the best gaming companies.
As much as these websites provide the best advice about the companies, there is only one place where you can get accurate information: MGA’s database.
Since you are seeking gaming companies in Malta, they must be regulated under the MGA’s authority.
This is why you need to check the database of the Malta Gaming Authority to see Malta gaming companies.
Where can I leave complaints?
The MGA prides itself on addressing customer complaints. They strive to make sure they get back to you in the shortest time possible. They also make sure that your information is treated with strict confidentiality.
The MGA does not regard any complaints sent to them via their official email. They advise players to refrain from using email to forward complaints.
Instead, there is a dedicated online complaint form where you fill in a short description of your claims. You can find the form on their official website.
MGA’s address and contact information:
If you have any general questions, proposals, or would like to contact the Malta Gaming Authority, you can use the email email@example.com.
The physical address for Malta Gaming Authority is Building SCM 02-03, Level 4. They are located at Malta Gaming Authority Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM 1001, Malta.
Their telephone number is +356 2546 9000. MGA is open for business Monday to Friday between 0900hrs and 1700hrs.
The MGA is one of the obvious choices when considering the regulation and licensing of online casinos. If you are looking to play online, the best thing you could do is consider a casino regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.