Baccarat or Punto Banco is a card game that always had a reputation as the game for the richest gamblers, and that usually was scared of the average players. But nowadays more and more people are discovering that baccarat is really a good game for small stake players because of two things. The first one is the relatively small advantage for the casino and the second is that baccarat is a very simple game to play.
At casinos on our top list players from New Zealand can play Online Baccarat for fun free or for real money.
Topics covered in this guide will learn players how to play online baccarat, rules of the game, types of bets and the casino advantages at those bets, best baccarat betting systems, winning strategies and much more.
Best baccarat casino sites
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
What is the best bet in baccarat?
The best bet in online baccarat is to bet on Banker’s Hand. This is the great advantage of the game of baccarat because unlike in blackjack we are able to not just bet on our hand but and the bankers also.
Where do you get the best baccarat experience?
Can I count cards in Baccarat?
No, at all online casinos card decks are changed after each hand, so the possibility of counting cards is impossible.
When is it good to bet on tie?
Most experts says never, becouse the chance of winning in Baccarat when betting on Tie is only 9%. You should only bet on Tie if you want to take a big risk because you hope you will win big. If you win, you get 8 times as much as you bet.
Types of online baccarat at casinos
Baccarat game at online casinos can be played in two ways, and these are:
- RNG Baccarat (Online baccarat is played against the computer or “Random Number Generator”)
- Live Baccarat (Online Baccarat is played against a real human dealer in real-time)
The RNG baccarat is a type of game where we play against the computer (Random Number Generator). At listed online casino sites baccarat can be played free or for real money. Free baccarat is a great option for players that never played before, because after sign up they can test all types of baccarat games that are offered at online casino, completely free. Without making a deposit players can increase their skill, see how baccarat works, and have fun in the same time At some online casinos like for the example Royal Panda casino players do not even have to sign up, all they have to do is visit online casino and choose any baccarat game type they want and start playing for free.
Live baccarat is another option at online casino websites where players can play against real human dealer in a real-time game one on one (1:1). Some of the most popular providers of live baccarat games are Evolution Gaming and NetEnt. Evolution Gaming recently has launched a Lighting portfolio with a Lighting Baccarat new relesead game. This is currently something new in the online casino industry. Baccarat Live is mostly played only for real money, but at some casinos, it can be played for free like for example at Wishmaker casino.
How online baccarat works?
Baccarat is one of the most popular casino games in the world, especially in the USA. However, in New Zealand this card game is not exactly popular like for instance online pokies or Texas Holdem poker, but online baccarat popularity grows by every day.
That is why we have prepared our ultimate online baccarat guide where we will learn you all important baccarat info, tips and tricks and how to play baccarat at online casinos in NZ.
Baccarat at online casinos is very similar to the online blackjack card game because the goal of the game in both games is very similar.
- The player must win the hand with the nearest value to a certain number. That number in the blackjack game is 21 while in the baccarat that number is 9.
- The big difference between these two games is that when we get a hand in the blackjack that is over 21 we lose, while in the baccarat it does not necessarily mean that they have lost.
- If the value exceeds number 9 and our hand is ten, that means that the number of this number is 10 and the result is 0, which is also the worst outcome of the game.
- If our hand is 15 we take 10 and the hand value is 5.
Advantages of playing baccarat online
Online baccarat has a number of advantages that are listed here for any player who wants to try the game for themselves:
- Game is easy to play online or in land-based casinos
- It moves fast so that the player is not stuck on a single play for a long time
- It is allowed to bet on themselves, others, or the banker
- Baccarat has strategies that tend to work
How to play online baccarat?
Playing online baccarat is the same as playing baccarat in land based casinos with slightly few differences. New Zealand players must know the rules of online baccarat before they get started. If you want to play well and increase your chances of winning you should definitely learn the main and most important rules of online baccarat that we will reveal you here.
Below you can find all info about online baccarat rules, how to play baccarat and the goal of the game. These rules are very simple, and they allow anyone to win at any time. Let’s check them:
- Players are dealt two cards.
- The goal is to hit eight or nine.
- Dealers win ties.
- Players who bet on the banker’s cards win 95% of their wager.
- Players do not need to hit on five or less.
- The dealer hits on five or less.
- Highest total wins.
- Bets are paid out to every player based on which person they bet on.
- Cards that total over nine are added up and the player must drop the one. Therefore, players who get 16 would drop the one to get 6.
Baccarat card values
Here is the value of the cards for online baccarat:
- Kings-(no value)
- Queens-(no value)
- Jacks-(no value)
- Ones and jokers-(not used)
Online baccarat tips and tricks
If you want to play baccarat as a professional then you should stick to these rules we learned from the pre-professional expert when it comes to baccarat. If you are an amateur and beginner in this game, stick to these tips and tricks to help you understand the game and increase your chances of winning.
These tips include:
- Players should start in a novice online room or table
- Don’t play live until you gain experience
- Strategies work in online settings just as well as in the real world
- Online play moves very fast, and players should slow down the pace by waiting to make decisions
- Players should make small bets to start
- Players should not volunteer to deal online until they are confident in their skills
- Players should not try a style they do not understand
- Top 3 Baccarat tips to increase your gaming skills!
Baccarat tables have 3 different sizes
It is important to mention that there are three different sizes of baccarat tables available. On all three different sizes of baccarat tables, the rules of the game are the same. The only difference is the maximum and minimum bet limits, how the cards are dealt and the number of players allowed.
We can play at three different sizes of baccarat tables and they are:
- Punto Banco
Popular styles of RNG Baccarat
Online baccarat can be a lot of fun because it covers so many different styles. Anyone who wants to play baccarat should try one of the options below. Every online baccarat style is a little different, but they are all fun because they are hosted by different online casinos in New Zealand.
Punto Banco: This is the North American version where the banker has to play out two sets of cards that people will bet on. This means the casino uses very specific betting rules. This is not so common in and online casino.
Baccarat Gold: This game has very specific rules that determine when the player or dealer will hit and stand. Both the player and dealer bet by these rules to keep the play as even as possible.
Chemin De Fer: Great game but this baccarat is a style that people might not play online because everyone takes a turn being the banker. This is not that common in online casinos in New Zealand.
Super Pan 9: Great baccarat game that forces all players to take three cards faces down. Each player can get one more card, and they are forced to make a bet at this point. The players do not progress beyond this point. This is not a common option in the online casino.
Live baccarat online ensures that every hand is laid out by a real dealer on camera. The online baccarat that most people play is the computer program that will randomize all the hands. In this case, the online baccarat player will watch the cards get shuffled, see the cards come to their station, and even see the other players in the game.
Players in New Zealand who do not want to travel to play baccarat can play the live dealer version of the game online. Plus, players can learn how to manage their hands, learn from other players, and even chat with their online friends while playing baccarat.
The live dealer rooms have their own hours, and players in New Zealand must know when to come online so that they can get a seat at the baccarat table. Baccarat rooms online are all set up just like regular tables, and they have an ability level listed that ensures fairness.
- Check out our list of best live dealer casinos for playing online baccarat!
- Learn more about online casino games that are available at New Zealand Casinos™
Top 3 baccarat strategies
Online baccarat can be played using a few betting strategies that will work most of the time because the game is so even, to begin with. Every player who is trying to learn how to bet each new deal should consider one of the three strategies listed below while playing baccarat online or otherwise.
Single trend baccarat implies that the player will bet on the same thing over and over. Betting on the same thing over and over might seem like it is too simple, but most players can make money because they have a 50/50 chance of winning. Online players can do well in this mode because the game moves so fast online. Plus, the player does not need to watch every hand that closely.
Switch combat baccarat strategy
Switches in baccarat will help the player move from one hand to another while changing strategy. The player never gets hung up on a trend from one hand to the next hand. Instead, the baccarat player will go from the banker strategy to the player strategy.
Online baccarat would allow the player to go from the breaking up doubles method to the banker method in an instant. The player that tries something different on every hand has a much better chance of seeing success because they have such good odds, to begin with.
Breaking up double downs
Baccarat is a game that allows players to double down, but they should not keep doubling down just because they think they can win more. The player who has succeeded when they doubled down a hand must place a single bet on the opposite person on the next hand.
Online players can employ this plan because the game moves so fast. Plus, the player does not fall into a spiral where they hope the game will give them the same results over and over. This game is too unpredictable to assume it will consistently give the same results on every hand.
House advantage and odds in online baccarat
|House advantage per hand||House advantage per resolved bets|
The casino has a 1.36% advantage over the player per resolved bets. This means that players have a much better chance of winning than they do in most games.
The reason that people do not play online baccarat is that they are confused. Therefore, someone who has learned baccarat can make money more consistently because the tables do not tend to be full.
44.62% of players win hands in baccarat. Dealers win 45.58% of hands, and there is only a 9% probability that ties will occur. Because of this, players do not need to worry so much about what to do in the case of a tie. The player is going for a win on every hand just like the dealer.
In the end, players should always bet on the banker’s hand to win because they know that they at least have a 1% advantage. Anyone who is playing baccarat for extended periods of time will need to bet wisely to make a lot of money because the odds are so even.
History of baccarat
Baccarat is a card game of chance dating back to France from the 15th century. It is played with 6 or 8 French decks with 52 cards mixed. In France, it was most popular during the 19th century, at that time it was called Baccarat Banque (three-person game). The first notes of this game were seen in the book “Album des Jeux” written by Charles Van-Tenac.
It was later played as a two-person game known as “Chemin de Fer” by Bacarrat Banque. The modern version of this game was first recorded in Havana around 1940 and is also the most modern form of this game.
There are no baccarat notes in New Zealand, but we know for sure that the first modern tables in land-based casinos arrived in the 1990s, specifically in 1994 when the first casino opened in New Zealand, Christchurch. Today, this game is available in New Zealand land-based casinos like Baccarat which is played as a “squeeze” game.
- Baccarat: This word literally means zero, and it is the worst hand that anyone can get in baccarat.
- Banco: This is the Spanish word for a dealer or the bank in any game of baccarat.
- Burning: Taking off the top three or six cards from the deck would be called burning.
- Carte: Requesting a card in any game of baccarat requires just this word.
- Cut: The baccarat deck is cut, and it is recombined by one of the players at the table.
- Down Cards: The down card is the one that has been given to the player where no one can see.
- La Grande: This is natural baccarat that equals nine.
- Le Petit: This is natural baccarat that equals eight.
- Natural: This is a baccarat hand that uses just two cards to get either eight or nine.
- Palette: This is the long plank of wood in a baccarat game that is used to move cards around the table.
- The book Album des jeux by Charles Van-Tenac