Introduction to Rome the Golden Age
The Rome: Golden Age is a new NetEnt’s video slot game that will take you back into the golden age of Julius Cezar and his Roman Empire.
We are talking about the latest slot edition from NetEnt with cutting edge design and awesome features where you have a chance to win up to 83,333x your bet.
This is a 5-reel video slot with a theoretical RTP percentage of 96.06% and high volatility.newzealandcasinos.nz review team.
They have introduced some new features like Free Spins Multiplier with up to 1000x win and a regular bonus game with free spins.
The shape of reels is not as we saw in most the pokies, here is arranged in a diamond shape (3,4,5,4,3).
In the following article, we will go through Rome: The Golden Age video slot in detail and reveal all important details.
So let’s dive in!
In this game the goal should be to enter the bonus game as soon as possible or to win the Free Spins Multiplier.
The first thing you should do is set the bet size and coin size.
Below we have listed what each function and button is for.
So before explaining how to play this game, let’s look at what each button is for.
In the picture below, we mean each function by a number, which we will explain in the list below.
- 1. Menu button: This will open a page where you can adjust to show bets in real cash, activate the quick spin feature, and activate the spacebar as a spin button. Also on this page can be found all the game rules by NetEnt.
- 2. Info button: This button reveals info about paytables, free spin multiplier, free spins, symbol payout values, and winning bet lines.
- 3. Bet size meter: This meter shows the size of your current bet.
- 4. Bet adjust: Here you can adjust your bet size per spin and bet level.
- 5. Autoplay button: Here you can choose a number of auto rounds from 10 to 1000.
- 6. Spin button: By clicking on this button you will activate the spinning of reels.
- 7. Quick spin: Here you can activate or deactivate the quick spin feature.
- 8. Win meter: This meter shows your winning amount after each spin.
- 9. Balance meter: This meter shows your current balance state.
- 10. Sound button: Here you can volume, mute or unmute game sound.
- 11. Progress bar: Each time the golden age symbol land on your reels, from 1 to 4 points are added to the progress bar.
- 12. Free spins multiplier: Each time 200 points reach the progress bar, the free spin multiplier is upgraded in the following number.
Rome the Golden age is Roman Empire themed video slot game, and all symbols represent some of the characters from that age.
All symbols can be divided into three groups, including the low-value symbols, high-value symbols and special symbols (The Golden Age symbol, Wild symbol, Rome symbol, and Frames).
High value symbols
High value symbols are:
- Wild sign (max payout €250 with 5 symbols in line)
- Tiger (max payout €250 with 5 symbols in line payout )
- Golden Eagle (max payout €125 with 5 symbols)
- Golden ring (max payout €125 with 5 symbols)
- Roman Helmet (max payout €60 with 5 symbols)
- Swords (max payout €60 with 5 symbols)
Low value symbols
Low value symbols are:
- A (max payout €45 with 5 symbols in line)
- K (max payout €45 with 5 symbols in line)
- Q (max payout €30 with 5 symbols in line)
- J (max payout €30 with 5 symbols in line)
- 10 (max payout €20 with 5 symbols in line)
The Golden Age symbol, Wild symbol, Rome symbol, and Frames
Ech time the golden age symbol land on your reels, the deposition where it landed will be marked with a frame.
This symbol can be transformed into Rome symbol. when that happens its frame turns into the active frame.
In the next spin, positions with rome symbol transforms into the Wild symbols.
Active frames and frames are displayed until they transform it self into the wild symbol or free spins.
Wild symbol can be transformed into all symbols. (excluded symbols are Golden Age and Rome symbol).
Rome the Golden Age features
There is a lot of features in this game, and to some players like us it may look complicated in the beginning, but after few spins and reading the rules of the game, everything will crystal clear.
The game is quite easy to play, and there is a lot of chances to win some real money.
So Rome the Golden Age is a slot game with symbols like scatters that lead us to the bonus game, wilds that can be transformed into other symbols and multiply your winnings.
Free spins and free spins multiplier
Free spins multiplier is something new we saw in NetEnt slots.
It works in a way that by each spin is adding one point to the progress bar, and when progress bar reaches 200 points, the free spin multiplier is increased by the following number.
Numbers are in periodical order like this: x1, x2, x3, x5, x7, x10, x12, x15, x20, x30, x40, x50, x75, x100, x200, x300, x500, x750, x1000.
So when you enter the bonus game, all winings wil lbe multplied with the number on the free spins mulitplier meter.
So you wonder how to enter the bonus game? Well, this is similiar to the most of reviewed online pokies.
To be eligible for bonus game with free spins, the three scatter symbols must land on 2nd,3rd and 4th reel.
When that happen you will be redirected to the bonus game with free spins.
Bonus game starts with 3 free spins.
Theme and design
The theme of the game is in Roman style where we can see the famous statues on both sides of the main display, as well as the symmetrical Roman pillars on which the sunlight falls through the pine branches.
Truly the design of the game is breathtaking, and we can feel the spirit of the Roman Empire.
As for functions and buttons, they are arranged in logical places, so players will be able to maneuver easily and press the button they want.
Frequently asked questions
What is the theoretical RTP percentage of Rome the Golden Age slot game?
The theoretical RTP percentage of Rome the Golden Age slot game is 96.06%.
Is there any bonus game with free spins?
Yes, you can get free spins in the bonus game when three scatter symbols appear on reels 2, 3 and 4.
What is the maximum payout?
Maximum payout at Rome the Golden age new slot game by NetEnt is up to 83,333x your bet.
Min. coin size
Max. coin size
83,333x your bet