Florageddon developed by Yggdrasil Gaming will launch 24th October 2022. In this game, you are exposed to a new world of an apocalyptic landscape filled with numerous carnivorous plants.
It is high in volatility and has a 96% RTP; the maximum win is also 20000x of the stake (€2,000,000).
In this Florageddon review, we discover the magical quest to destroy all the flesh-eating plants.
We also look at the free spins feature and bonus features.
Florageddon may look a bit complex, but it is very simple. Across 5 reels wins can be created.
You can match 3 symbols on reels next to each other, beginning with the left or far right reel.
Wins pay both ways and may produce 486 ways to win.
This can be done a combination of wilds, dropdowns, multipliers and special awards. To play you visit the casino you have chosen to play on and load the game.
You then check the settings of Florageddon. It is important to also read rules, and other necessary info.
Thereafter, select the wager and press the spin button. The total bet ranges from at a minimum of €0.2 to €100.
Theme and design
Plants have taken down all humans the plants are vicious looking and seem to have taken over the city. They have sharp teeth, spikes and suspicious grins.
The city has been demolished, there is a shattered phone box and an out of service taxi cab can be seen amongst the plants.
The menacing soundtrack adds to the foreboding feeling of danger. The interface is easy to navigate and players won’t have any difficulty.
List of gameplay functions
- Multipliers: These are found on both sides of the reel. The left multiplier applies to wins created from the left and the right multiplier is applied to wins from the right.
- Free spins: This is a feature that is activated when you successfully land 3 or more scatter symbols.
- Bonus buy: These allow you to start using the free spins. 100x means you activate the bonus game which leads to free spins. 400x gives out 16 free spins when the bonus game is activated.
- Gamble: This feature can be used after free spins feature is activated. This gets you a wheel spin and a possible 16 free spins should you land on the green spot.
- Wild symbol: This helps create extra winning combinations as they substitute other symbols.
- Extra Life: This is a non-winning dropdown. It is in the current streak it can be wiped out when a new set of symbols drop in.
- Wild Stack: This feature gives 3 wilds on a reel, and 3 wilds on the reel above the next dropdown.
Symbols and payout
The drop down feature has a counter. It is placed on top of the reels, and a special award is triggered when it fills up. Four successive drop downs are needed.
This is to fill up when playing the base game whereas only three consecutive drop downs are needed to fill up when playing with free spins.
This pokie pays both ways, identical symbols must land on minimum 3 consecutive reels to constitute a win. Ivy covered card symbols pay 0.5x the wager for five of a kind.
Other features include free spins, the multiplier, golden bet and bonus buy.
Players need 3, 4 or 5 scatters to trigger the Bonus Round. This offers 7, 9 or 11 free spins. You have the option to gamble for up to 16 free spins but if you lose the gamble the whole feature cam easily be soft.
The difference is that the multipliers never reset during the bonus round. The special award counter takes only 3 back to back dropdown wins instead of 4.
The Golden Bet option is 50 % more per spin, but it decreases the number of consecutive dropdowns that players need in order to fill the special award meter from 4 to 3.
Yggdrasil is playing around with new features instead of just recycling old ones.
There are 2 progressive multipliers, and are found on each side of the grid.
Multiplier boosts can be found per dropdown, and which one you get depends on the win being created from right to left or left to right.
If you land both ways, the multipliers on each side of the reels combine to create a win.
In addition, you can also find a dropdown counter placed above the grid.
This gives you a special award.
Is Florageddon suitable for amateurs?
New players can learn from the various features and mechanics. There is great game descriptions which makes it even easier.
Can I retrigger the Free Spins feature?
No, during the bonus game you cannot retrigger or win any extra free spins.
What is Return to Player (RTP)?
The RTP for this pokie is 96%.